When strawberries are in season, you will definitely want to make this Strawberry Tart. The shortbread base gives it a delicious buttery flavor which combines nicely with the whipped cream and juicy strawberries. The caramel layer takes it to the next level!
2 bags of Clairesquares Buttery Shortbread squares, finely crumbled
2 oz unsalted butter, melted and cooled
8 oz heavy whipping cream, chilled
2 tablespoons of Clairesquares Caramel, melted
10 oz strawberries, sliced
1. In a bowl, combine crumbled shortbread with the butter. Using a fork, incorporate the butter with the shortbread until it is well blended. Press into an 8 or 9 inch spring form pan or tart pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Melt the caramel in the microwave for 10-20 seconds depending on your microwave. Let cool for 1 minute, then either pipe the caramel onto the shortbread base or smear with the back of a spoon or off-set spatula. Refrigerate again.
3. Whisk until the cream reaches stiff peaks; set aside.
4. Rinse and slice the strawberries. Remove the tart from the fridge and pipe a generous layer of cream over the caramel layer (You may decide to leave some of the caramel visible at the sides to create a more dramatic view of the tart ingredients). Place the strawberries in a concentric circle on top of the whipped cream.
5. Pipe another small circle of whipped cream in the center of the strawberries and place 1 or 2 more strawberries on top.