A great home-made treat which can double as an elegant gift for that special someone.
Yields: Approximately 30 truffles.
2 tablespoons Jameson Irish Whiskey
5 oz dark chocolate
5 fl oz heavy cream
2 oz butter
2 oz greek yogurt
1 oz cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1) Melt the chocolate gently over a low heat.
2) In a second saucepan, add the butter, salt and Jameson to the cream and heat over a low flame. Then add the cream mixture to the melted chocolate and mix together.
3) Remove from heat and add the greek yogurt, mix until smooth
4) Using a blender or hand mixer, emulsify the mixture to remove any lumps. Finished product should be a glossy, smooth heavy liquid.
5) Pour chocolate mixture into a container, cover with a lid or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours to harden.
6) When ready, using a spoon or ice-cream scoop, scoop out balls of truffles and place into a tray filled with the cocoa powder. Roll truffles around in cocoa powder until completely covered.
7) Store refrigerated and enjoy within 7 days.
Be as creative as you like with different truffle coatings. You can use toasted coconut flakes, crushed nuts, or dip the truffles in melted chocolate for a hard shelled truffle.