Why not put the sweetness of Summer stone fruits to work for a tasty weekend dessert.
6 large peaches, sliced into wedges
2 oz brown sugar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 oz caramel (melted)
8 oz flour
4 oz sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 oz unsalted butter
2 oz boiling water
1-recipe Caramel Whipped Cream
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Add sugar, lemon juice, caramel and cornstarch to peaches. Mix well.
2) Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
1) In a small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Blend in butter with fingertips or pastry blender forming a coarse meal texture.
2) Stir in water until combined.
3) Remove peaches from oven and drop spoonfuls of topping over them. Bake in the middle of oven until topping is golden. About 25 minutes.
8 oz heavy whipping cream; divided
2 oz Clairesquares caramel
1) Place a metal bowl and whisk in the freezer to chill while you melt caramel.
2) In a small saucepan over low heat, gently melt caramel with ½ of cream until evenly smooth. Remove from heat to cool.
3) Using a chilled bowl and whisk, whip cream until soft peaks form.
4) Place a spoonful of whipped cream on top of the cobbler and drizzle with caramel sauce.
For a more textured topping, add crumbled Flapjack oat pieces to the mixture.